2. A great man of God can do nothing without Jesus Christ. He denies himself every day, takes up his cross and follows Him. Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
3. A great man of God only does the will of the Father being led by the Holy Spirit. Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
4. A great man of God prays without ceasing 1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing. 1Th 5:18 In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
5. A great man of God believes Him and He answers Him. Mark 11:24, Therefore I say to you, All things, whatever you ask, praying, believe that you shall receive them, and you shall have them.
6. A great man of God does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedes out of the mouth of God.
7. A great man of God loves Him with all his heart, soul, and stregnth. He loves his brother, his sister, and his enemies. He blesses those who curse him, does good to those who hate him, and prays for those who use him. He forgives all those who sin against him. Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
8. A great man of God seeks only the honor of God and never
the honor of man, He fears God and not man and he trembles at His Word.Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that comes from God only?Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
9. A great man of God is crucified with Christ, it is no longer he that lives but Christ lives in Him.Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
10.A great man of God is humble.Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.