Repent and Believe the Gospel!



REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL!
Jesus said,"The time is fullfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe the Gospel"
The Gospel is that the Word of God became a man; Jesus, the only begotten of the Father, the Son of God, full of grace and truth, and lived in this world with every temptation that you and I face, and yet He never sinned and He gave himself to die on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. God made Him who knew no sin to become sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. He was buried in a tomb, and on the third day the Father raised Him from the dead. He was seen of above 500 witnesses after He arose and He ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven. He is there right now, alive, making intercession on our behalf to the Father. He is coming again with all the saints and all the angels in great power and glory and all who live and believe in him will be united with him and thus will we ever be with the Lord. I urge you to seek Him now, during this time while the long suffering of God is waiting, for the Day of the Lord is coming soon. He loves you and He will save you to the utter most if you will put your trust in Him.

Sunday, July 14, 2024

 A Psalm And A Teaching / A Habitation For The Lord


Greetings in the name of Jesus! This is Rob Haymes. This is 15 Minutes With Jesus. Wherever two or three are gathered together in My name, Jesus said, there am I in the midst of them. To those of you who love Him in truth: mercy unto you and peace and love be multiplied.


Father, we thank you for this day; we thank you for this program. Father, I pray that you would open our hearts to receive your Word this day by the Holy Spirit. Thank you Father, in Jesus’ name, Amen. 


In 1 Cor 14:26 we read, How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. Today we have a psalm and a teaching, both of which are based in Psalm 132, speaking about A Habitation For The Lord.


My Habitation

By David Hickman and Rob Haymes

From Psalm 132 and Zephaniah 3:17


I will not come

Up into my house

Or my bed;

I will not give

Slumber to my eyes

Until I find

A habitation for the Lord

The mighty God of Jacob.

For I have loved

The habitation of Thy house

And the place Thy honor dwells.


The Lord thy God in the midst of thee

Is mighty; He will save;

He will rejoice over you with joy;

He’ll rest in His love;

He’ll joy over you with singing.


This is My rest;

Here will I forever dwell,

And I will teach Her My covenant,

And I will clothe Her

With My salvation,

For I have chosen Zion,

And I desire Her 

For My Habitation,

And the place My honor dwells.


The Lord thy God in the midst of thee

Is mighty; He will save;

He will rejoice over you with joy;

He’ll rest in His love;

He’ll joy; He will rejoice

Over you with joy;

He’ll rest in His love;

He’ll joy over you with singing;

He’ll joy over you with singing.

He’ll joy over you with singing.


I will not come

Up into my house

Or my bed;

Until I find

A habitation for the Lord



Let's turn to Psalm 132, Lord, remember David and all his afflictions; how he swore to the Lord, and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob: Surely I will not go into the chamber of my house, or go up to the comfort of my bed; I will not give sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, until I find a place for the Lord, a habitation for the Mighty God of Jacob. Verse 13,  For the Lord has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His habitation: This is My resting place forever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it. I will abundantly bless her provision; I will satisfy her poor with bread.  I will also clothe her priests with salvation, And her saints shall shout aloud for joy.  Let’s turn to 1 Ch 17:1, Now it came to pass, when David was dwelling in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet, See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of the covenant of the Lord is under tent curtains.  Then Nathan said to David, Do all that is in your heart, for God is with you. David had it in his heart to build a house for the Lord: a glorious Temple in Jerusalem, but God sent the prophet Nathan to tell him in verse 10, …furthermore I tell you that the Lord will build you a house. And it shall be, when your days are fulfilled, when you must go to be with your fathers, that I will set up your seed after you, who will be of your sons; and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne forever. I will be his Father, and he shall be My Son; and I will not take My mercy away from him, as I took it from him who was before you. And I will establish him in My house and in My kingdom forever; and his throne shall be established forever.  Clearly God was telling David about Jesus, the Seed of David, that He would build the Temple of the Lord. In verse 13, He said, I will be His Father and He shall be My Son. 


Let’s turn to Zec 6:12, Then speak to him, saying, Thus says the Lord of hosts, saying: Behold, the Man whose name is the Branch! From His place He shall branch out, and He shall build the Temple of the Lord; yes, He shall build the Temple of the Lord. He shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule on His throne; so He shall be a priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. 


Isa 9:6, For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. 


Luke 1:26, Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. And having come in, the angel said to her, Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women! But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. Then the angel said to her, Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.  


Let’s turn to Eph 2:19,  Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy Temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a habitation of God through the Spirit. This is the New Testament fulfillment of Psalm 132.


2 Cor 6:14, Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 

And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 

And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God and they shall be My people. Therefore, Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. Chapter 7, verse 1, Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. It is a holy Temple: a holy Habitation of God. Glory to God! 


God is making a holy people; He is purifying unto Himself His own special people: lively stones, that He is building together upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone, into a holy Temple in the Lord: a spiritual house; a holy priesthood, that we may offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Unholy sacrifices, in the flesh, are not acceptable to Him; He will not accept them. Nor will He inhabit an unclean house. God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. Truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ, in the light. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and don’t do the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with Him, and with one another, and the Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. God desires a pure Temple: a holy habitation to dwell in, and He will have it!, through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus, and the work of the Cross in our lives: the breaking down of our hard, stubborn, rebellious hearts, that we may love Him and one another with a pure heart fervently.  Psalm 16:11,  You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. 


Thank you for reading this message from 15 Minutes With Jesus at roberthaymes.com . May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you who love Him in truth, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment