Repent and Believe the Gospel!



REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL!
Jesus said,"The time is fullfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe the Gospel"
The Gospel is that the Word of God became a man; Jesus, the only begotten of the Father, the Son of God, full of grace and truth, and lived in this world with every temptation that you and I face, and yet He never sinned and He gave himself to die on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. God made Him who knew no sin to become sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. He was buried in a tomb, and on the third day the Father raised Him from the dead. He was seen of above 500 witnesses after He arose and He ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven. He is there right now, alive, making intercession on our behalf to the Father. He is coming again with all the saints and all the angels in great power and glory and all who live and believe in him will be united with him and thus will we ever be with the Lord. I urge you to seek Him now, during this time while the long suffering of God is waiting, for the Day of the Lord is coming soon. He loves you and He will save you to the utter most if you will put your trust in Him.

Sunday, May 14, 2023

 The Lord Is On My Side


Greetings in the name of Jesus! This is Rob Haymes. This is 15 Minutes With Jesus. Wherever two or three are gathered together in My name, Jesus said, there am I in the midst of them. To those of you who love Him in truth: mercy unto you and peace and love be multiplied.


Today’s program is called, The Lord Is On My Side. Let’s turn to Psalm 118:1-29, 

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Let Israel now say, His mercy endures forever. Let the house of Aaron now say, His mercy endures forever. Let those who fear the Lord now say, His mercy endures forever. I called on the Lord in distress; the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is for me among those who help me; therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes. All nations surrounded me, but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them. They surrounded me, yes, they surrounded me; but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them. They surrounded me like bees; they were quenched like a fire of thorns; for in the name of the Lord I will destroy them. You pushed me violently, that I might fall, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents of the righteous; the right hand of the Lord does valiantly. The right hand of the Lord is exalted; the right hand of the Lord does valiantly. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord. The Lord has chastened me severely, but He has not given me over to death. Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them, and I will praise the Lord. This is the gate of the Lord, through which the righteous shall enter. I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Save now, I pray, O Lord; O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! We have blessed you from the house of the Lord. God is the Lord, and He has given us light; bind the sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar. You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You. Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Verse 6, The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? Is the Lord on your side? The Lord is on your side if you are truly trusting in Him. Psalm 11:1, In the Lord put I my trust. How do you say to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? Psalm 118:8&9, It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes.  Where is your confidence? Are you trusting in a man?; your favorite preacher, or political leader? Who do you go to in your time of need? Do you have a working relationship with Jesus?: the one who loved you and gave Himself for you on the Cross 

of Calvary to suffer and die and pay the full penalty for your sins, so that you might be saved out of your destructions and be born from above; that He might dwell in your heart by faith; that you might be made righteous through His Blood that was shed for you? Is your trust truly in Him? Psalm 118:22&23, The Stone which the builders rejected has become the Chief Cornerstone. This was the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. Jesus is the Cornerstone that was rejected by the builders: the religious leaders of His day, and they crucified Him. But on the third day, the Father raised Him from the dead, and made Him the Chief Cornerstone. Jesus said to them, in Mat 21: 42-46, Did you never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the Head of the Corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder. Now when the chief priests and Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking of them. But when they sought to lay hands on Him, they feared the multitudes, because they took Him for a prophet.  Verse 44, And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.


Let’s turn to 1 Peter 2:1-12, Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious. Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, Behold I lay in Zion a Chief Cornerstone, elect, precious, and he who believes in Him will by no means be put to shame. Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, The Stone which the builders rejected has become the Chief Cornerstone, and a Stone of stumbling and a Rock of offense. They stumble, being disobedient to the Word, to which they also were appointed. But you are a chosen generation, (you who trust in the Lord), a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation. Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, the Stone which the builders rejected has become the Chief Cornerstone, and a Stone of stumbling and a Rock of offense. Do you love Jesus? He said, If you love me, keep my Words. The Apostle John said, This is the love of God: that we keep His commandments, and His commandments are not grievous. Have you fallen upon the Stone? Are you being broken, giving yourself wholly to Jesus to keep His Words, being conformed more and more to His image; serving Him with all your heart who gave Himself for you with all His heart on that brutal Cross, for you? Or are you stumbling on that Stone, being disobedient? If you are truly trusting in Jesus; denying yourself every day, and taking up your cross: His will for your life, and following Him: being led by the Holy Spirit to do your Father’s will, you have nothing to fear.  If you are not trusting fully in Jesus: if you are disobedient, you will stumble, and you will fear, because you are so vulnerable to what man can do unto you. 


Let’s turn to Psalm 18:1-3, I will love You, O Lord, my Strength. The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; My Shield and the Horn of my salvation, my Stronghold; my High Tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. In Romans 10 it is written, Whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord, His name is Jesus, shall be delivered. How shall they call upon Him in whom they have not believed? Jesus said, in Rev 1:17&18, …Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. 


In the book Jesus Christ, Who Is He?, written by Paul Hallock Merkle, in chapter 2, on page 21, Paul wrote, 

The world needs Jesus. You and I need Jesus, and Jesus says to us, “Don’t be afraid…I have the keys of Death and of Hades.” We have nothing to fear. Life is in His hands, why should we fear life? Death is in His hands, why should we fear death? What comes after death is in His hands, why should we fear what comes after death? That is, when our life is hid with Christ in God. (Col 3:3).  

The world needs Jesus. Without Him we are nothing spiritually. In Him the Holy Spirit witnesses to us and through us that Jesus Christ is Lord. How are you witnessing concerning Jesus?  Can others see Him in your life? Are you keeping your eyes upon Jesus? Have you received the Holy Spirit in fulfillment of His promise for your life?


Keep your eyes upon Jesus

Look full in His wonderful face;

And the things of earth

        will grow strangely dim

In the light of His glory and grace.

Receive everything that Jesus has for you, and share everything that He gives you.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, and the Living one…” says the Lord. “I hold you in My hand and no one can pluck you out…” This is His love for you and me. Live for Him! Let His Spirit possess you and let the miracle of His life fill you and flow through you to all the earth, for He holds you in His hand, and you cannot pass beyond His love and care.

O Lord, there’s nothing more that we could ask. You’ve given us everything, even to your very life, so that we truly might be the sons and daughters of God. We yield ourselves again to you and to the ministry of your Holy Spirit. Use us for your glory, we pray in Your name, Lord Jesus. Amen.


Thank you for reading this message from 15 Minutes With Jesus at roberthaymes.com .

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you who love Him in truth. Amen. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment