The Foundation Part 4
Greetings in the name of Jesus! This is Rob Haymes. This is 15 Minutes With Jesus. Wherever two or three are gathered together in My name, Jesus said, there am I in the midst of them. To those of you who love Him in truth: mercy unto you and peace and love be multiplied. (Jude 1:2)
We have been talking about the Foundation, as it is stated in Hebrews chapter 6 by the apostle Paul: verses 1&2, Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. Today we are going to finish talking about the Resurrection From The Dead. In our last message we talked about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ From The Dead. Jesus Christ is risen from the dead. Hallelujah!
Now we are going to talk about the First Resurrection; the Resurrection of Life, and the Second Resurrection; the Resurrection of Damnation. Let’s go to John 11:25&26, Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" Let’s go to Romans 8:11, But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Those that have died in Jesus Christ, believing in Jesus, when He returns in the clouds, will be resurrected; their bodies will be resurrected incorruptible. Let’s go to Philippian’s chapter 3; the Apostle Paul is writing; verses 7-14, But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let’s go down to verses 20&21, For our citizenship is in Heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
When Jesus comes back, He will return for His Saints, and those of us that are counted worthy to attain to the first resurrection: our bodies will be raised incorruptible, fashioned like unto His glorious body. This is called the Blessed Hope. And, the Bible says, if we have this hope of Jesus’ return, we should be about purifying ourselves. The Apostle Peter said, Purify your souls by obeying the truth through the Spirit. Jesus said, the Word of God is the truth. He also said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. And, the Bible talks about abiding in Him. We need to abide in Him. He talked about continuing in His Word. The Bible talks about the washing of the Water of the Word.
So, as we continue in Jesus, abiding in Him, the Bible says cling to Him, cling to Him. First you have to come to Him, but when you come to Him, cling to Him. Don’t ever let go of Him. Remember how Jacob wrestled with God. He wrestled with God. He wouldn’t let Him go. He said, I won’t let you go until you bless me. Jesus talked about the unjust judge who didn’t care about God or man, and this widow kept coming to him and saying, avenge me of my adversary. At first he didn’t want to do it, but he said, I’m going to do it, because if I don’t, she is going to wear me out! And Jesus told that parable in reference to prayer. So that’s what I’m talking about; clinging to Him! Pray! Cry out to God! Whatever is going on in your life, cry out to God! Humble yourself! God is not a respecter of persons. He will listen to you if you will humble yourself. He will move in your life. Be willing to do whatever He leads you to do. Humble yourself before the Living God and He will exalt you in due time.
Let’s go to 1 Thess 4:14-17, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
Again people, this is the truth. This is the Blessed Hope. This is a very real thing. Let’s go to 1 Cor 15:42-44, So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. Let’s go down to verses 50-58, Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written:
Death is swallowed up in victory. O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory. The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
John chapter 5, this is Jesus speaking, verses 24-29, Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My Word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
There is coming a resurrection of all the dead. Understand this, all of you who are reading this message in your own language, it is appointed unto man once to die, as it says in Heb 9:27, but after this, the judgement. All of us will be dying, and will be buried in the ground, with the exception of the righteous followers of Jesus Christ who are alive when He returns, soon in the clouds, we shall all die and be buried. We shall all be resurrected; the righteous dead, at the coming of Jesus, to be united forever with Him in Glory. This is the First Resurrection; the Resurrection of Eternal Life. In Him is eternal life. If you have Him, you have eternal life. If you don’t have Jesus, you do not have eternal life, but the wrath of God is upon you, and you will be raised from the dead, in the Second Resurrection, to stand before Him and be judged, every one of you, according to your works, and you will take your place in the Lake of Fire with all of those who rejected Jesus and His loving sacrifice of Himself for their sins, to be tormented day and night with no rest forever and ever. Just consider that: no rest forever and ever, to be tormented day and night forever and ever. You say, ”That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard in my life.” “My God is a loving God…” People say many things, but the Bible says, in Rom 11:22, Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. Also in Rom 2:7-11, eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; (being led by the Holy Spirit to do the will of the Father, every day), but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For there is no partiality with God. You say, “That’s just a story.” “How do we know that’s true?” “It was written by men, in order to control the masses.” No, it is the truth, and it was written by Holy men of God, as they were moved by a Holy God who loves you so much that He gave His only Son to die a brutal death on the cross! Have you ever looked in the scriptures at the description of what Jesus went through, in the Garden of Gethsemane, and on the cross, for you! For every one of us! He died on the cross for you, to take away your sins, and bring all of you who will repent, and believe on Him, and stay faithful to Him, into eternal life and Glory with Him forever, and with the Father, where God Himself will dwell with us, where there will be no more pain or suffering, no more sorrow; He will wipe away every tear from our eyes, all sorrow from our hearts; all the former things will be forgotten, and we will live forever in His Glory, and in His joy. All this is written in His Word, Read it! Consider what it says and ask God for understanding! Humble yourself before the Living God! Consider that many, many things that were prophesied by the prophets, and Jesus, and His disciples, have already come to pass! And that the relatively few prophecies yet to be fulfilled are beginning to be fulfilled as we speak! Consider the signs of the times in which you are living!
Interpretation of Tongues:
I am the God of all flesh. Those of you who are listening; if you will humble yourselves before me, as my servant Rob has spoken, I will hear you. I will have regard unto your prayer, says the Lord, and I will deliver you from your afflictions; from your torments, says the Lord. For I love you! I proved it to you when I gave my Son on the cross of Calvary! And I will come; I will come again, and I will bring you unto myself says the Lord. And you will dwell with me forever. You will dwell with me in my Heavenly Kingdom forever and ever says the Lord.
Thank you for reading this message from 15 Minutes With Jesus at roberthaymes.com . May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you who love Him in truth, Amen. (2 Cor 13:14)
No comments:
Post a Comment