Repent and Believe the Gospel!



REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL!
Jesus said,"The time is fullfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe the Gospel"
The Gospel is that the Word of God became a man; Jesus, the only begotten of the Father, the Son of God, full of grace and truth, and lived in this world with every temptation that you and I face, and yet He never sinned and He gave himself to die on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. God made Him who knew no sin to become sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. He was buried in a tomb, and on the third day the Father raised Him from the dead. He was seen of above 500 witnesses after He arose and He ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven. He is there right now, alive, making intercession on our behalf to the Father. He is coming again with all the saints and all the angels in great power and glory and all who live and believe in him will be united with him and thus will we ever be with the Lord. I urge you to seek Him now, during this time while the long suffering of God is waiting, for the Day of the Lord is coming soon. He loves you and He will save you to the utter most if you will put your trust in Him.

Thursday, February 3, 2022

                                                  Brother Steve is on the left.
 Steve Spraker


Today I want to give thanks to God for my Brother in Christ, Steve Spraker. He just went to be with Jesus on January 18th, 2022. I am so thankful for Steve and his wife Barbie. Back in 1976 I was living in Estes Park, CO with my wife, in my mother in law's garage apartment, and Steve and Barbie lived next door to us. We had been living the hippie life for several years, and we were both somewhat discouraged with our experience; I was just beginning to search for something better. Steve and Barbie were Christians who had moved to Estes Park from California to start a work there for the Lord Jesus. They began to pray for our salvation, and they took us to see Billy Graham movies, and they shared the love of God with us. At that time I began reading the Bible, and soon I read the Words of Jesus where He said, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by Me. I was so impressed with His Words because I had been listening to many other teachers who claimed they could show me the way, but Jesus said, I am the way! One day, shortly thereafter, I was alone and I prayed to the Lord Jesus and asked Him, What do I do? Jesus gently spoke to my heart and said, Just receive Me. So right there I received Him as my Lord and Savior and I began to follow Him. I believe that Steve and Barbie's prayers really helped me to come to Jesus. I started attending Steve's church and I was soon baptized in water. Later, through a series of circumstances, Steve gave me a book to read about the baptism in the Holy Spirit. After reading that book I asked Jesus to baptize me in the Holy Spirit, and He did! So God used Steve and Barbie, and their prayers and love and counsel to help bring me to His Son. Jesus said, No one can come to Me except My Father draw him. The Father was definitely drawing me to Jesus, and He used them to help me come to Him. So I will always be thankful to my God for Steve, and his wife Barbie. I know that Steve is with the Lord Jesus and the Father, with all His precious saints in Heaven, and I know that I will see him again. I pray that the Lord Jesus will greatly comfort Barbie and her children going forward.

I would like here to quote 1Th 4:13-18,  But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the Word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. 

in November of 2018 my wife and I were so blessed to spend a little time with them at their home in Florida. I had not seen Steve in over 40 years, and He was so overjoyed to know that I was still following Jesus, as I was to know that he was also still serving the Lord. We had a really blessed time there together. That is when we took the picture above. I had hoped that we could go to Florida again soon and see them, but it has not worked out that way. I know that I will see Steve again, and I look forward to that day. As Steve would say, That will be Hallelujah time!


No comments:

Post a Comment